Deadline to submit applications is January 26, 2018.
Through funding from the US Department of Agriculture, travel awards (~ US$1000 each) are available for attendees employed at or enrolled in a United States institution. These awards can be used to assist with the costs of registration for the meeting, the costs of travel including airfare, visa application fee, food, and accommodation. Successful applicants will be notified no later than February 2nd, 2018.
The travel awards are intended to facilitate the attendance of individuals who will especially benefit from attendance, and who may ordinarily not be able to attend. Thus, strong encouragement is given to:
- undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and junior faculty,
- any faculty who have recently entered into or plan to enter the field of oomycete genomics, bioinformatics or molecular biology,
- researchers who are minorities, or who are from institutions under-represented in the US research infrastructure, and
- individuals working on oomycete animal pathogens.
- researchers who have not previously received a travel award
Dependent upon applicant pool and additional funding, a very limited number of travel awards may also be available for applicants from countries that lack an established research funding infrastructure. These are defined as ALL non-US countries and also excluding all countries of Western Europe, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, India, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, and Taiwan.
Please submit your application using the form below.